Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Titles are hard

The countdown app on my phone tells me I will be in Costa Rica in 24 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes...

With my departure date coming closer, I've found myself getting a bit nervous. I have never traveled this way or experienced anything like this before so I'm not sure what to expect. Thoughts that have come to my mind recently being, ..what if I hate all the food we're given?..... what if I offend a local Costa Rican with my Canadian lifestyle?.... (and the most troubling) what if I absolutely hate it and am stuck there for an entire month? 

I think I need to get in a positive mindset, and not have any specific expectations; going in with an open mind will allow me to adapt to my new surroundings better. 

The GVI Quepos team has a twitter account that they update sporadically. It's interesting to see pictures of what is going on there now, and to think that in less than a month I will be taking part in it. Here is the link https://twitter.com/GVIQuepos if you're interested in checking it out. 

Much love,
kf 

No comments:

Post a Comment